Arts in Education
Program Vision: To partner with schools on Delmarva to build a relevant, impactful arts education program that will provide a layered approach to the school’s current curriculum by presenting opportunities for students to experience diverse arts.
- Weekly Dose of Arts Series_ 5.7.20 edition.pdf
- Weekly Dose of Arts Series_ 4.30.20 edition FINAL.pdf
- Weekly Dose of Arts Series_ 4.23.20 edition.pdf
- Weekly Dose of Arts Series_ 4.16.20 edition.pdf
- Freeman Stage Weekly Arts Series 4.9.20 Edition.pdf
- Weekly Dose of Arts Series_ 5.29.20 edition.pdf
- Weekly Dose of Arts Series_ 5.22.20 edition.pdf
- Weekly Dose of Arts Series_ 5.14.20 edition.pdf
By Charlene Sharpe
Students at Stephen Decatur High School last week saw the power of poetry with a performance hosted by The Freeman Stage.
As part of its Art in Education program, The Freeman Stage brought The Mayhem Poets to Stephen Decatur High on Friday, Sept. 20.
“We try to celebrate and inspire poetry in the schools in the Delmarva region,” said Denise Allen, education coordinator for Freeman Stage.
By Laura Walter
Selbyville Middle School students recently spilled color into their world with the newest Arts in Education program by the The Freeman Stage.
The Moving Pastels Project let students, teachers and parents create their own self-portraits as a fish, which they paired with a character trait that best describes them.
Known for colorful and whimsical artworks, lead artist John Donato has also previously overseen...more
The Freeman Stage is excited to announce three Delaware students who participated in the Poetry Out Loud program recited their poems prior to the Delaware All-State Theatre performance of “Evita,” on Tuesday, June 26.
Poetry Out Loud is a national program — sponsored locally by the Delaware Division of the Arts (DDOA) — that encourages the study of great poetry by offering educational materials and a dynamic recitation competition to...more